Sensational Shirring Talking Pattern Booklet - Printed
Sensational Shirring Talking Pattern™ Booklet - Printed
Shirring (or Ruching) adds interest and lovely, figure-flattering detail to any garment. It's EZ and fun to make changes to a basic knit top pattern you already own using flat pattern techniques to yield the extra length needed for effective shirring. Inside, you'll find THREE totally different designs, and varied shirring techniques that will guide you in creative fun as you add pizazz to that all-important knit top wardrobe to take you most anywhere...in style!
NO PATTERN PIECES ARE INCLUDED IN THIS 'PATTERN' BOOKLET
ONLINE, you will find the additional value of being able to SEE large, clear color photos and HEAR my personally recorded audio directions for each step!
Notions and Fabrics
- Basic Knit Top pattern* Raglan Style needed for 'Lee Top'. for other styles, Londa's Terrific ' T' Knit Top pattern booklet is recommended.
- Size 75 Stretch Needle and 4.0/75 Twin Stretch Needle*
- Tape Measure and Seam Gauge (Clover 9506 5-9n-1 Sliding Gauge recommended)*
- Sharp colored pencils and markers
- Fabric Marker: Chakoner*
- Rotary Ruler and Cutter*
- Quilt n' Sew Ruler*
- Tissue Paper or Red Dot Tracer for creating the pattern pieces/changes*
- Loop Turner
- 1/8" wide Braided Elastic (Stretchrite Brand)*
- Stretchrite Elastic Thread*
- Knit Fusible Interfacing* or 1" Knit Fusible Stay Tape
- Lastin Clear Elastic - 3/8" wide, heavier gauge
- Polyester garment construction thread*
- A Dress Form is VERY helpful*
- Top quality single knit 'Jersey' fabric
- Pat Top: body length + Sleeve length: 1 5/8 yd avg.
- Lee Top: body length + Sleeve length + 10": 1 3/4 yd avg.
- Mira Top: body length + Sleeve length + 9": 1 1/2 y avg.