OK – been working (too long) on the linen jacket version using my CHOSEN pattern … and, I must say – I am certainly convinced that my heart does not enjoy conventional sewing/tailoring any longer. Hemming, lining, slipstitching, – all seems boring and laborious to me after all my creative, to me – EASIER, more FUN sewing.
However, the jacket is DONE! And, pretty good proof that my designs are transferable to garments other than a sweatshirt!
The only ‘fun’ part has been the embellishment – the ‘trim’ I created from the linens, silk doupioni and yarn.
The first photo shows the linen stripe (which I interfaced with Pro Textured Weft Interfacing completely!) basically stitched up. I used Vogue ____ – a princess line jacket – that fit my requirements for a classic design.
I knew I would embellish it similarly to the sweatshirt jackets I did for the pattern – CHOSEN. I felt I wanted to introduce black so I could wear it with my black pant. So – I tried, but it just seemed TOO bold. See all the ways I tried…