For young card players (and sometimes old as well!), this Holder may just be the key to hours of old-time card playing fun. It makes a great gift. Even sit down with a child to create this useful Holder. In my Wee Stitchers classes, a 6 year-old did just GREAT! The cool thing is that the plastic canvas makes it easy to achieve even stitch placement.
STANDING PLAYING CARD HOLDER
Londa’s Sunroom Sewing Studio
5 pieces of 9”x12” felt
1 - 12"X18" Plastic Rug-Hooking Canvas
Size 18 Chenille Needle (my absolute favorite needle for kids to use on felt with perle cotton thread)
Perle Cotton Thread - all stitching is done with double thread.
1. Center Felt A on the canvas as shown. 4 1/2” uncovered canvas should be exposed at the top and at the bottom of the felt.
2. Secure felt to plastic canvas using a long running stitch 4” from the top as shown. Each stitch can span 4 holes of the canvas. Secure at both ends well.
3. Lay Felt B on top of Felt A with its raw 12” edge placed 3 1/2” up from bottom of the Canvas .
4. Draw a line 3” up from the bottom of Felt B.
5. Do a Running Stitch over this line just drawn and through everything. Knot securely. This becomes the ‘stopper’ for the Top Pocket.
6. Fold top of Felt B down over the stitching you just did so that the bottom edges match.