Elvis Presley Denim Jacket-Large
Elvis Presley Denim Jacket - Size Large
I created this garment starting with a Jantzen Size Large denim jacket that I found at the Goodwill. Adding E-L-V-I-S letters from an orange Elvis T-Shirt, bindings of the orange T and a man's silk tie plus MANY hours upcycled the thrift store find into this treasured jacket that is another one-of-a-kind in my Elvis Collection. The most time-consuming part of this garment up-cycle was ripping out the red plaid cotton flannel buttonhole pockets and replacing them with the orange T fabric. Look closely at the back view to see the Pink Cadillac applique - again from the screen print on the Elvis T. I even Blogged on the design and ceation of this piece...check it out HERE.
The price includes shipping expense to contiguous USA locations.
To assure yourself if this garment will fit you, please pay attention to the following Finished Garment Measurements - comparing them to similar type loose-fitting jackets in your own wardrobe.
FINISHED GARMENT MEASUREMENTS
Please compare these measurements to a garment similar in your wardrobe that fits you as you desire.
LENGTHS CF = Center Front CB = Center Back
1. CF to hemline: 29"
2. Shoulder Point to Hemline : 31.75"
3. CB to hemline: 31"
4. Side Seam underarm to Hemline: 19"
5. Underam Sleeve Seam: 17.5"
6. Shoulder armhole seam to lowermost edge sleeve: 21.75" neckpoint to lowermost edge sleeve: 29" The sleeves on this jacket are in a very dropped position
7. Shoulder Point to Shoulder Point: 22" * from dropped shoulder to dropped shoulder
8. Back 5” down at Center Back from armhole to armhole: 20" *
9. Bust at underarm seam: 52"
10. Hip at hemline: 51" Side seam have 3.5" vents.
Cuff circumference is 13" with a vent. Can be worn down or turned back to expose the men's tie lining on the inside.
Size according to most home sewing patterns: XL
Ready-to-Wear Size best guess: Jantzen Label said Large
Main fabric: cotton denim.
Trims: Silk Men's Tie fabric on collar and cuffs. Orange Binding is from cotton T-shirt. Metallic buttons from originzl jacket.
Because of the screen-printed E-L-V-I-S letters and the silk tie, do I recommend machine wash alone on delicate, and HANG to dry.